The team of mineral chemistry professionals at LabWest has around 90 years of combined experience in managing, commissioning and developing analytical laboratories around the world. Consequently we offer a wide range of support services to our clients, including assistance with method development, process support, analysis queries, equipment specification and remote support.
As a boutique facility, our services are all customisable to meet individual needs, for researchers, metallurgists or explorers.
Our highly experienced team has developed bespoke analytical solutions for a range of specialised industries for example:
- Sulphur speciation
- Manganese crust leaching
- Lead-isotope extraction and analysis
- Mortar and poultice testing for heritage projects
PROCESS SUPPORT AND PRODUCT TESTING
We can analyse trace elements in a wide range of specialty materials, for example:
- High-purity alumina
- Aluminium chlorohydrate
- Powdered metals
- Intermediate products
See us about check and umpire analysis of ores, for example:
Call us to discuss your particular requirement.
Recent custom projects include:
- Development of mineral speciation techniques for routine use at a large mine laboratory.
- Development of methods for sensitive analysis of trace elements in high-purity alumina product.
- Establishment of a wet-screening protocol and subsequent processing of kaolinite deposit definition drilling program
- Development of a bespoke technique for leaching surface crusts on large specimens
- Development of procedures for testing of mortars and remedial poultices in heritage monitoring and restoration programs.